Just One Puff, But I Got Hooked.
So much I wished when I was young.
I hadn't regarded smoking as harmless as fun.
I remember well how I felt so grand,
To act like a man with a smoke in my hand.
What sorrows for me could a tobacco bring?
This was just a childhood thing.
Smoking cigarette puffs one after the other to inhale the toxic air more and more because I want to down my sadness by smoking away the pain. We all get addicted to something that takes away pain. Till I feel free in my mind and you know we inhale the very thing that kills us, just so we can feel more ALIVE.
With every puff that I take I burn away something maybe some of my internal strife and some of the conflicts with others or anything that bothers me. I calm down with a every blow of smoke.
Cigarette told me, "Today you are crushing me, who knows tomorrow you will be buried in this mother land." How can something so bad feel so good? I smoke your name like cigarette rolled in the leaves of my diary. I inhale roughness that your smooth and silky aroma carries, then the smoke escapes the spelling every letter of your name one by one.
But I'm afraid that one day with a cough the last syllable of your name would fall out of the smoke putting an end.
Trapped between
My cosy lips
burns the 'One and only'
with filter tip.
Sedating the lust
so smooth and fine
Where I begun?
Oh! forgot the lines.
It is the potion
running in my veins
companion of mood
and writhing vain.
I'm grateful to you
For caring me
Started at young
Though quite early.
My lungs cough
Must be yours foe
why don't you finish
In just one go?
Palms with sweat
The heart beats so fast
want to sleep early
And not to be the last.
you can't leave me
Am obsessed with you
Just there between (lips)
till get one new.
~ Debi Prasad Das
Comments
Post a Comment